Silberberg M, Goldstein LB, Weaver S, Blue C. Increasing Stroke Knowledge and Decreasing Stroke Risk in a Latino Immigrant Population. J Immigr Minor Health.2018 Jan 23.
Barrett NJ, Ingraham KL, Vann Hawkins T, Moorman PG. Engaging African Americans in Research: The Recruiter's Perspective. Ethn Dis. 2017 Dec 7;27(4):453-462. doi: 10.18865/ed.27.4.453. eCollection 2017 Fall.
Ngo S, Shahsahebi M., Schreiber S, Johnson F., Silberberg M. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Community and Hospital Medical Record Integration on Management of Behavioral Health in the Emergency Department. J Behav Health Serv Res. 2017 Nov 9.
Gu, Danan, Runlong Huang, Kirill Andreev, Matthew E. Dupre, Yaer Zhuang, and Hongyan Liu. 2017. “Assessments of Mortality at Oldest-old Ages by Province in China's 2000 and 2010 Censuses.” International Journal of Population Studies 22(2):1-25.
Gu, Danan, Matthew E. Dupre, and Li Qiu. 2017. “Self-Perceived Uselessness and Mortality Risk Among Older Adults in China” Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics. 68: 186-194.
Cunningham NT, Sendak M, Bratcher M, Gamble J, Janice Dillard J, et al. (2016) Homebase: Successfully using the principles of assertive community treatment to decrease emergency department and hospital utilization among super-utilizers. Ment Health Addict Res 1: DOI: 10.15761/MHAR.1000113.
Dupre, M. E., & Nelson, A. (2016). Marital history and survival after a heart attack. Social Science & Medicine, 170, 114-123.
Katz, M., Bosworth, H. B., Lopes, R. D., Dupre, M. E., Morita, F., Pereira, C., ... & Wajngarten, M. (2016). A time-series analysis of the relation between unemployment rate and hospital admission for acute myocardial infarction and stroke in Brazil over more than a decade. International journal of cardiology, 224, 33-36.
Lyn, M., Johnson, F., Haynes, C. (2016) Chronic non-malignant pain, addiction and accidental overdose: interventions inside and outside the walls. American Heart Association: Behavioral Health. Retreived from http://www.aha.org/advocacy-issues/initiatives/behavioral/opioidcaseexam....
Katzl, Marcelo, Hayden Bosworth, Renato Lopes, Matthew E. Dupre, Fernando Morita, Carolina Pereira, Fabio G.M. Franco, Rogerio R. Prado, Antonio E. Pesaro, Mauricio Wajngarten. 2016. “A Time-Series Analysis of the Relation Between Unemployment Rate and Hospital Admission for Acute Myocardial Infarction and Stroke in Brazil over More than a Decade.” International Journal of Cardiology. 224: 33-36.
Dupre, Matthew E. and Renato D. Lopes. 2016. “Marital History and Survival after Stroke.” Journal of the American Heart Association. 5(12)(doi: 10.1161/JAHA.116.004647)
Dupre ME, Moody J, Nelson A, Willis JA, Fuller L, Smart A, Easterling D, and Silberberg M. Place-Based Initiatives to Improve Health in Disadvantaged Communities: Cross-Sector Characteristics and Networks of Local Actors in North Carolina. Am J Public Health. 2016 Sep;106(9):1548-55. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2016.303265. Epub 2016 Jul 26.
Friedman JL, Lyna P, Sendak M, Viera AJ, Silberberg M, Pollak KI. Use of the 5 A’s for Teen Alcohol Use. Clin Pediatr (Phila).
Michener JL, Koo D, Castrucci BC, Sprague J (eds): The Practical Playbook: Public Health and Primary Care Together. New York, Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Chapters written by Michelle J. Lyn, MBA, MHA; Fred Johnson, MBA; and Mina Silberberg, PhD
Havranek, E. P., Mujahid, M. S., Barr, D. A., Blair, I. V., Cohen, M. S., Cruz-Flores, S., ... & Rosal, M. (2015). Social determinants of risk and outcomes for cardiovascular disease. Circulation, 132(9), 873-898.
- Association Between Divorce & Risks for Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Education, Glucose Control, and Mortality Risks Among U.S. Older Adults with Diabetes
- Nutrition Practices of Nurseries in England. Comparison with National Guidelines
- Studying Disability Trends in Aging Populations
- Regulations to Promote Healthy Sleep Practices in Child Care
- Health Trajectories of Women in China: The Role of Parental Care Giving
- Biederman and Nichols - Homeless Women's Experiences of Service Provider Encounters
- Biederman, Ganble, Manson Taylor - Assessing the Need for Medical Respite - Perceptions of Service Providers and Homeless Persons
- Nichols, Biederman, Gringle - Research Poetics
- The Primary Care Leadership Track at the Duke University School of Medicine: Creating Change Agents to Improve Population Health
- Report on CTSA
- Racial Differences in Parenting Style Typologies
- Promoting Breastfeeding in Child Care Through State Regulation
- Early Child Care and Obesity in 12 Months of Age
- Rethinking Obesity Counseling: Having the French Fry Discussion
- Preventing Obesity in Infants and Toddlers in Child Care
- The Application of Comorbidity Indices to Predict Early Post-Operative Outcomes After Gastric Bypass
- Diet, Physical Activity and Body Composition Changes During the First Year of Treatment for Childhood Acute Leukemia and Lymphoma
- Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation
- Dynamic Model Predicting Overweight Obesity and Extreme Obesity Prevalence Trends
- Newborns of Obese Parents Have Altered DNA Methylation Patterns at Imprinted Genes
- Nicotinic Receptor Gene Variants Interact with Attention Deficient Hyperactive Disorder Symptoms to Predict Smoking Trajectories From Early Adolescence to Adulthood
- Individual and Community Level Correlates of Cigarette Smoking Trajectories From Age 13 to 32 in a US Population Based Sample
- Childhood Economic Strains in Predicting Substance Use in Emerging Adulthood Mediation Effects of Youth Self-Control and Parenting Practices
- Parental Obesity Moderates the Relationship Between Childhood Appetitive Traits and Weight
- Nutritional Quality of Meals Compared to Snacks in Child Care
- The Steps to Health Employee Weight Management Randomized Control Trial Rationale Design and Baseline Characteristics
- Satiety Responsiveness and the Relationship Between Breastfeeding and Weight Status of Toddlers of Overweight and Obese Women
- Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation
- Watch Me Grow A Garden Based Pilot Intervention to Increase Vegetable and Fruit Intake in Preschoolers
- The Effect of the Home Environment on Physical Activity and Dietary Intake in Preschool Children
- Nutritional Quality of Foods Marketed to Children in Honduras
- The Cumulative Effect of Unemployment on Risks for Acute Myocardial Infarction
- The Incremental Value of Medical Nutrition Therapy in Weight Management
- Preventing Obesity in Infants and Toddlers in Child Care Results from a Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial
- Associations Between Antibiotic Exposure During Pregnancy Birth Weight and Aberrant Methylation at Imprinted Genes Among Offspring
Peer-reviewed publications on DCH clinical, care management, health promotion, and education programs
- Fostering Creativity How the Duke Graduate Medical Education Quasi-Endowment Encourages Innovation in GME
- Teaching Population Health - A Competency Map
- Population Health Initiatives for Primary Care at Duke University School of Medicine
- Achieving Health for a Lifetime: A Community Engagement Assessment Focusing on School Age Children to Decrease Obesity in Durham North Carolina
- Neighborhood Clinics: An Academic Medical Center-Community Health Center Partnership
- Dynamics of Patient Targeting for Care Management in Medicaid: A Case Study
- Just for Us: An Academic Medical Center-Community Partnership to Maintain the Health of a Frail Low-Income Senior Population
- Improving Hypertension Control in a Population of Low-Income Older Adults: An Evaluation of the Just for Us Model
- Just for Us: In-Home Care for Frail Elderly and Disabled Individuals with Low Incomes