New VA Benefit Applicants
If you are applying for VA benefits for the first time at Duke, please use the following steps:
- Apply for education benefits and submit Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to email@example.com
- Submit Student Data Form
- Complete Change of Program or Place of Training form (required if you have previously received VA Educational benefits)
- Submit copies of Duke application, acceptance letter, and all official transcripts listed on Duke application
Submit all paperwork via e-mail or in person.
Office of the University Registrar
1121 West Main Street
Durham, NC 27701
Recertification of VA Benefits
For students that are already receiving VA benefits, and need to recertify:
Each term the School Certifying Official (SCO) in the Office of the University Registrar must submit an enrollment certification to the VA. Depending on the benefit chapter, the enrollment certification consists of reporting credit hours, tuition, fees and Yellow Ribbon awards (if applicable). Reporting this information to the VA is critical as it is used in calculations that determine payments.
After each term, you will need to fill out the Student Data Form.
Duke University School Certifying Official (SCO)
Phone: (919) 684-3146
Fax: (919) 684-4500
Student Veteran Peer Support
- Student Health
- CAPS: Counseling and Psychological Services
- Duke Reach
- Disability Management System
- Duke Wellness Center (DUWELL)
Regional and National Programs