Thank you for your service to your country. The Duke Physician Assistant Program values that service, and offers many programs to help ease the transition from veteran to PA.
Waived Supplemental Application Fee
All veteran applicants to the Duke PA program will have the $50 supplemental application fee waived as a recognition of your service.
Yellow Ribbon Program
An award of $10,000 per year will be allocated to up to four eligible students. Visit the Office of the University Registrar's website for more information.
Veteran Mentoring Program
The Duke PA program offers an unparalleled mentoring program for incoming student veterans. Starting with the class of 2019, each incoming student veteran will be matched with a veteran alumnus living in their home town. This mentoring program will begin prior to matriculation, continue throughout your time here at Duke, and through your career as a PA.
Student Veteran Peer Support
- Student Health
- CAPS: Counseling and Psychological Services
- Duke Reach
- Disability Management System
- Duke Wellness Center (DUWELL)
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
While VA benefits often times cover the majority of tuition and more, sometimes it’s not enough. Below are some scholarship opportunities available for student veterans.
- Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
- Sports Clips Help a Hero Scholarship
- Army Women’s Foundation Legacy Scholarship Program
- Woman Marines Association (WMA) Scholarships
- Donaldson D. Frizzell Scholarship
- Tillman Military Scholars Program
- eLearners.com Military Scholarship
- AFCEA Scholarships
- AT&T Military Veterans’ Scholarships
- Lance Corporal Phillip E. Frank Scholarship
- military.com Scholarship Finder
*Please note, this is not an exhaustive list. The outside scholarship opportunities are not sponsored or endorsed by the Duke Physician Assistant Program.
Regional and National Programs